Nevado de Toluca or Xinantecatl volcano
Live this one day hiking at the Mexico's fourth tallest peak at 4,690 meters above sea level.
The volcano with its forest around it is considered to be the most representative natural landscape of the State of Mexico.Its Nahuatl name, Xinantecatl is translates as "naked lord" a reference to the fact that the top of the volcano is above the tree line with only rock and grassland and devoid of snow most of the year. This is the only volcano in Mexico with crater lakes.
- 06:00 hrs Departure from meeting point in Mexico City
- 07:30 hrs You will have time to take a fast breakfast
- 08:00 hrs We will drive at Nevado de Toluca National Park.
- 09:30 hrs You will be at 4,000 meters above sea level and we will hike through natural paths, exploring the amazing crater with the lakes called "Sun and Moon".
- 12:00 hrs Lunch time.
- 12:30 hrs It depends of the weather and your physical condition, we can hike to the summit so we can have another view from the volcano crater.
- 14:00 hrs We will begin to go down to get the shuttle.
- 17:30 hrs Dinner Time.
- 20:00 hrs You will arrive at Mexico City. This hour depends of traffic, weather, etc.
- Roundtrip Transportation from Mexico City or Toluca
- Experienced mountain guide
- Box Lunch
- Trekking Pole and Helmet
- Accident insurance
- Older than 18 years-old
- This is an activity for healthy people who do exercise frequently. It is not a tour suitable for pregnant women, people with hypertension or heart disease
- Down Jacket
- Trekking boots, medium weight, ankle height
- Backpack big enough to carry on lunch and warm clothing
- Gloves (Windstopper or similar) and warm Hat
- Rainproof parka (breathable fabric)
- Sun hat and Sunglasses
- Nivel 3 - Consulta aquí las características
- Length of Hike: 7.5 km
- Total Elevation Gain: 541 meters
- Elevation hike starts: 4000 meters above sea level
- Hike time: 8 hours
Personal service or more information
- Ask for a private tour and choose the date